Tom Cruise’s father Thomas Mapother III was an electrical engineer and his mother Mary Lee Pfeiffer was a special education teacher.
He has three sisters Lee Anne and Marian and Cass Mapother.
Cruise did his Grade 3, 4 and 5 studies at Robert Hopkins Public School. The family then moved to Ottawa, Ontario, because Cruise’s father worked as a defense consultant in the Canadian Army.
Where Cruise completed grade 6 studies at henry munro middle school affiliated with the Carleton District School Board. Where he was very much inclined towards sports. And they used to play floor hockey every night. Because of which his front tooth was also broken.
It was in Henry Munro Middle School that he joined George Stanberg’s plays. And he made his acting debut through the drama IT which he co-starred with Michael D. Wall. The play was well received by the audience.
He was then cast in other plays such as a version of Jesus Christ superstar as well as roles such as Marcel Marceau. The school’s principal then founded the Gloucester Players, which starred Cruise and some of Steinberg’s classmates.
Cruise was suffering from Dyslexia. Because of which he had a lot of trouble speaking and remembering things.
Cruise attended eight elementary schools and three high schools. At the same time, he also did his studies at the Franciscan Gurukul in Cincinnati on the scholarship of the church for some time. And during this he had a desire to become a Catholic priest.
Due to being weak in studies due to not being able to remember, Cruise’s father was very angry with Cruise and used to beat him for small mistakes. And used to give harsh punishments. At the age of 14, Cruise changed about 15 schools.
Cruise’s father and mother separated when he was twelve, and Cruise’s mother moved in with Tom Cruise and his older sister, Anne. And after separating from his father, he had to face a lot of poverty along with his mother and sister, Cruise started selling newspapers and his house was run by that. Later on, his mother remarried to a plastics merchant named Jack South.
In 1980, Cruise attended New Jersey’s Glen Ridge High School, Glen Ridge, New Jersey. Completed his graduation.
Cruise was also very fond of wrestling. But a knee injury forced him off the high school wrestling team. After that the desire to act in Tom Cruise arose.
And while still injured, he successfully auditioned for a starring role in his high school’s production of Guys and Dolls.
Cruise was also very fond of football. And as a linebacker, he played football for his university, but he was later fired for drinking beer before a football match.
In 1981, Cruise had a small role in Endless Love, his career debut, starring Brooke Shields.
It was only in 1981 that he got a good role in Taps, which was a moderately successful film. After this, in 1983, he acted in The Outsiders, Losin’ It, Risky Business.
His real success came from Risky Business, which made Cruise a star in the true sense.
After this, in 1983, he worked in the Football Drama film All The Right Moves, Ligand in 1985, but this king of acting got real success from the 1986 film Top Gun. It grossed US$374 million worldwide, becoming the highest-grossing film of that year.
After this, on the strength of many films like The Color of money, Mission Impossible Series, Jack Reacher series, Knight and Day, Tom Cruise became famous all over the world.
Tom Cruise Biography Profile
BornThomas Cruise Mapother IV
July 3, 1962Syracuse, New York, U.S.
Years active 1981–present Works Full list Spouses
(m. 1987; div. 1990)
(m. 1990; div. 2001)
(m. 2006; div. 2012)
Children 3 Relatives William Mapother (cousin) Awards Full list Website tomcruise .com Signature
Married life of Tom cruise-
Tom Cruise’s married life has not been very good. Tom Cruise did three marriages but none of the marriages were very successful.
- He was first married to actress Mimi Rogers on 9 May 1987, and they divorced on 4 February 1990.
- After this he married actress Nicole Kidman on 24 December 1990. Whom they met on the set of Days Of Thunder and Cruise and Nicole adopted two children, Isabella Jane and Connor Antony. And they separated in February 2001 when Nicole was three months pregnant. And later she miscarried.
- Then there was Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise’s third wife. They became parents to daughter Suri in April 2006, even before their marriage in November 2006. And in June 2012, Holmes and Tom Cruise, 33, also decided to separate.
Tom Cruise’s Life Style-
- Tom Cruise is one of the world’s highest-paid stars and one of the highest-paid actors.
- Tom Cruise also owns a private plane.
- Tom Cruise owns numerous properties from the United Kingdom to New York.
- Tom Cruise also has an impressive car collection, which includes a BMW 7-Series, a Bugatti Veyron, a Ford Excursion, a Ford Mustang Saleen, a Chevrolet Chevelle SS, a Chevrolet Corvette C1, a Porsche 911, a Cadillac Escalade, a Mercedes-Benz S Class, and a Mercedes CLK W209. There are numerous vehicles available, such as the BMW 3-Series and the BMW M6.
- Tom Cruise is also a big fan of motorcycles. Tom Cruise also owns one of the world’s most expensive motorcycles, the Vyrus 987 C3 4V. Aside from that, Tom Cruise
- Tom Cruise has been nominated for the Golden Globe six times and has received three Golden Globe Awards so far for Jerry Maguire, Magnolia and Born on Fourth Of July.
- Tom Cruise has received more than 50 awards and recognition from many countries.
- In 2006, he has voted the most influential celebrity by Forbes.
- In 1990, 1991, and 1996, People magazine ranked her among the 50 most beautiful people in the world.
- In 1995, Empire magazine named Tom Cruise one of the 100 most fascinating people in film history. And only after two years, he was counted among the 5 most evergreen actors.
- October 10, 2006, was declared Tom Cruise Day in Japan and according to Japan memorial day, this honor was given to him because of his close attachment to and love for Japan.
- Tom Cruise is one of the highest-paid actors in the world.
- Tom Cruise charges $50 million for one of his movies.
- Tom Cruise’s films have so far grossed $10.1 billion worldwide.
- Tom Cruise is the third richest actor in the world.
These movies were released on his birthday:
- Christina (1986) his 22nd
- Die Hard 2 (1990) 28th
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) 29th
- Phenomenon (1996) 34th
- Independence Day (1996) 34th. He was offered a role. Had he accepted it would have been his second movie with an “independence day” title. His first was Born on the Fourth of July (1989).
People also ask
How much does Tom Cruise weigh?
– 150 lbs
how tall is tom cruise?
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm in meters- 1.70 m in Feet Inches- 5′ 7”|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 68 kg in Pounds- 150 lbs|
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 44 Inches – Waist: 32 Inches – Biceps: 16 Inches|
What is Tom Cruise's favorite food?
Lobsters rank in the first spot for Tom Cruise in his list of favourite foods.
What diet is Tom Cruise on?
He skips carbs.
You won’t catch Cruise eating a big bowl of pasta these days—he’s sworn off carbs. According to Men’s Health, the star currently maintains a 1,200-calorie diet that minimizes carbs.
Can Tom Cruise fly a jet?
This isn’t just a stunt for Top Gun: Cruise is actually a seasoned pilot who’s held a professional license since 1994. In an interview with James Corden, Cruise mentioned that he holds a flight license for several types of airplanes, including fighter jets. and commercial flights
How much is Tom Cruise's net worth?
According to several sources, the estimated Tom Cruise net worth is $570 million. Movies and his acting work bring in the bulk of his money. One of his expensive homes in Telluride, Colorado is estimated to be worth $59 million
Is Tom Cruise A Billionaire?
No, Tom Cruise is not a billionaire, however, with a net worth of around $600 million and rising, he’s unlikely to complain
How old was Tom Cruise in Top Gun 1?
Tom Cruise was just 23 when he first played Pete “Maverick” Mitchell in 1986’s Top Gun
Who is the highest paid actor in the world?
Highest income for a single production
Tom Cruise – Top Gun: Maverick $100,000,000